Each week, we want to feature some of our favorite new influencers that just signed up. We love seeing new faces on our platform and we're excited to work with them to see what kinds of unique content they'll bring for our upcoming campaigns! Follow and check them out!
This past month has been FILLED with awesome campaigns and we can't wait to share some of the incredible content our influencers created. Check it out!
FUJIFILM INSTAX: Influencers were given FUJIFILM INSTAX cameras to document their most epic moments - sometimes you have to have tangible photographs. (Images by: @jonathanqtn, @yasmineboheas, @othexr_side)
Harry's: Influencers were given Harry's latest and greatest for Father's Day. Not only was it the perfect gift for dads, it is a staple that should be a part of their daily grooming. We love how these influencers created content around that. (Images by: @lvdmorethncrrts, @mommy_nannan, @lilies.and.lambs)
Here at Obviously, it's safe to say that all of our team members are beauty junkies and constantly on the radar for new launches and collaborations. This past week, we noticed a few new launches that we can't wait to get our hands on.
Pat McGrath Lust Matte Trance: July, can you please hurry? We already know that people will be staying up all night to get these magical lippies into their carts. We're still swooning over all of the eye shadows and glitters she manifested but these lipsticks- please, we know these are going to be a total gamechanger in our beauty routine and will last all-day and all-night. Nobody does it better than Ms. McGrath!
Equal Beauty by Jessica Gomes: Model, actress, and now beauty product founder, Jessica Gomes is nonstop! The super beautiful and mega talented Gomes has created a line of fragrance free beauty products that we cannot wait to try. If any of these products can give us the J. Gomes tszuj, count us IN.
Kim Kardashian West: KKW BEAUTY
The queen of contour has finally made it happen for us beauty junkies. Kardashian West has created a lustful line of contour-made-easy products for anyone that is obsessed with sculpting and shaping their faces with makeup. Not to mention, the packaging is so 2017 and we are HERE FOR IT!
May has been a heavy month filled with various projects for our influencers! We had three huge campaigns in particular that gave influencers the opportunity to get creative. Check out some of their posts below!
As you may have seen in our Instagram Stories last week, some of our team members at Obviously went to the Indie Beauty Expo in Dallas, Texas. We met so many incredible indie brands, met with some of our favorite Dallas-based influencers, and of course, devoured in some breakfast tacos. Take a look at some of our photos from the trip below!
Do you know a great brand who could benefit from working with us (and you)?
If so, please send us a note and introduce us to any of your favorite brand contacts you may have! If we do work with them, you get $500 AND 3 corgis!
EMAIL 💌: email@example.com
By: Alexis DeCarvalho
In honor of the recent Earth Day, Obviously has rounded up some of our favorite eco-friendly bloggers inspiring us to green up our routine! Start reducing your carbon footprint now with these sustainable fashion, beauty and food Instagram accounts.
We decided to create a new section in our Obviously blog where we feature our newest influencers that are now on the platform! It's always super exciting to see these influencers' feeds, aesthetics, and how they curate content for their pages. Below, some of our newest talent! Follow, follow, follow!
Giulia Burlai: @giuliaburlai
Time to get that Vitamin D in! In the Big Apple, honking cabs, wailing fire trucks, and over-crowded subways make the fresh air a luxury, so it’s a no-brainer that when the weather gets warmer, rooftop bars become self-proclaimed sanctuaries. Obviously has rounded up the 10 best (and most Instagram-worthy) rooftop hot spots that New York City has to offer.
By: Alexis DeCarvalho
1. Refinery Rooftop at Refinery Hotel
Vibe: Industrial Chic
Views: The Empire State Building
Obvious Cocktail Choice: Rooftop Sparkler (Patrón Barrel Select Reposado, Lime, Agave, topped with Prosecco)
Address: (Refinery Hotel) 63 West 38th Street
2. Pod 39 Rooftop Bar
Vibe: Chill Oasis
Views: The river to the East, the Freedom Tower to the South, the Empire State Building to the West and the Chrysler Building to the North
Obvious Cocktail Choice: Chilean Sangria (Control Pisco, Rosè, Combier Peach, Pineapple, Strawberry & Bubbles)
Address: 145 East 39th Street
3. Cantina Rooftop
Vibe: Modern Mexican
Views: The Hudson River
Obvious Cocktail Choice: Pero Woah! (Bacardi Superior Rum, Passion Fruit, Coconut & Pineapple)
Address: 605 West 48th Street
4. Le Bain at The Standard
Vibe: Quirky Disco
Views: The Highline & Hudson River
Obvious Cocktail Choice: Frozen Grapefruit Gimlet (Crushed Ice, Grape Fruit Juice & Vodka)
Address: (The Standard Hotel) 444 West 13th Street
5. Northern Territory
Vibe: Comfy Aussie Tavern
Views: The East River
Obvious Cocktail Choice: Territory's Tea (Vodka, Iced Tea & Kiwi)
Address: 12 Franklin Street
6. Penthouse 808 Rooftop Bar
Vibe: Upscale Unique
Views: NYC Skyline
Obvious Cocktail Choice: Ring of Fire (Jalapeño Tequila, Pomegranate & Pineapple)
Address: 8-08 Queens Plaza South
7. Level R at The Empire
Vibe: Swanky Iconic
Views: Lincoln Center & Upper West Side
Obvious Cocktail Choice: Dreaming Ginger (Patrón Silver Tequila, Ginger Liqueur, Fresh Lemon Juice, Agave Syrup & Ginger Beer)
Address: (The Empire Hotel) 44 West 63rd Street
8. Gallow Green at The McKittrick
Vibe: Ethereal Secret Garden
Views: Manhattan's West Side
Obvious Cocktail Choice: Mrs. Danver's Ruin (Gin, Cranberry + Thyme Shrub, Lemon Juice & Tonic)
Address: (The McKittrick Hotel) 542 West 27th Street
9. The Gorbals
Vibe: Happy Hipster
Views: The East River and Williamsburg Bridge
Obvious Cocktail Choice: A Wishing Well (Applejack, Yellow Chartreuse, Lemon, Honey Syrup & Prosecco)
Address: 98 North 6th Street
10. Loopy Doopy Rooftop Bar at The Conrad
Vibe: Trendy Crowd-Pleaser
Views: The Hudson River and the Statue of Liberty
Obvious Cocktail Choice: Raspberry People’s Pop in Rosècco
Address: (The Conrad) 102 North End Avenue
This week, we're seeing a ton of inspiring content from our influencers! We're currently working with Tarte (France!), Pantene, and Saks Off Fifth! Here are some of our favorite posts.
SAKS OFF FIFTH: Simply put, we love high-low fashion. We truly believe that is the embodiment of personal style and we were so excited to have our stylish influencers show us how they paired their luxe Saks Off Fifth finds into their everyday wardrobe. Images via: @claudiagraziano, @mylittlesecrets_ca, @mariann_yip)
We caught up with one of our top influencers, Mariann, and we're so excited she's this week's #GetToKnow influencer! We're always appreciative of her professionalism, her incredible hair, and her overall vibe. Check out the exclusive interview below!
1) Name: Mariann Yip
2) Hometown: LES, Manhattan
3) Favorite Social Media Platform: Instagram
4) Favorite Photo Editing App: Photoshop and Snapseed
5) Favorite Spot in NYC to Take Photos: Definitely Soho! This is where most of my photos are taken because I love cobble stone streets and there are many alley ways and street corners that make for great backdrops.
6) Biggest Lesson You've Learned About Working with Brands: I've learned to only work with brands that align with my own values and image. As more opportunities have presented themselves, I am now more picky about who I work with. I also tend to work with brands that value me as a partner and genuinely support who I am and what I do.
7) Favorite Project You've Worked on With Obvious.ly! My favorite project has to be the Furla collaboration because I am obsessed with their bags and I constantly wear it. It was also one of the first projects I've worked on with Obvious.ly and I was surprised that I had the opportunity to work with an amazing handbag brand like Furla. I am always featuring it in my photos because it has become one of my staple accessories!
8) Favorite Instagram Accounts to Follow and Why: I actually recently wrote a blog post about it here. I love @negin_mirsalehi because I look up to her for fashion style. I think she is absolutely gorgeous inside and out and I love following her journey and daily life as a blogger. I'm also a huge fan of @kenzas because I find her to be the most relatable blogger since we're close in age and share similar fashion interests and styles. I also love @taramilktea because her feed is flawless. I think she's a pure genius when it comes to editing her pictures and I find inspiration through her travel and creative feed.
9) Favorite Restaurant in NYC and Why: This is definitely a hard one because I am a huge foodie and have tons of places that I love. But if I had to choose I would say Clinton Street Bakery! My favorite meal of the day is breakfast and my favorite breakfast food is pancakes. Clinton Street Bakery serves the best pancakes in the world and I can guarantee if you go there, you'll understand why I am raving about this place!
10) Favorite Store in NYC and Why: I can never leave Zara without a purchase! Zara is my favorite store in NYC, specifically the Soho location, because they offer a wide range of clothing. It is always in trend and affordable so what more can a girl ask for?