May has been a heavy month filled with various projects for our influencers! We had three huge campaigns in particular that gave influencers the opportunity to get creative. Check out some of their posts below!
As you may have seen in our Instagram Stories last week, some of our team members at Obviously went to the Indie Beauty Expo in Dallas, Texas. We met so many incredible indie brands, met with some of our favorite Dallas-based influencers, and of course, devoured in some breakfast tacos. Take a look at some of our photos from the trip below!
Do you know a great brand who could benefit from working with us (and you)?
If so, please send us a note and introduce us to any of your favorite brand contacts you may have! If we do work with them, you get $500 AND 3 corgis!
EMAIL 💌: firstname.lastname@example.org
By: Alexis DeCarvalho
In honor of the recent Earth Day, Obviously has rounded up some of our favorite eco-friendly bloggers inspiring us to green up our routine! Start reducing your carbon footprint now with these sustainable fashion, beauty and food Instagram accounts.
We decided to create a new section in our Obviously blog where we feature our newest influencers that are now on the platform! It's always super exciting to see these influencers' feeds, aesthetics, and how they curate content for their pages. Below, some of our newest talent! Follow, follow, follow!
Giulia Burlai: @giuliaburlai
Time to get that Vitamin D in! In the Big Apple, honking cabs, wailing fire trucks, and over-crowded subways make the fresh air a luxury, so it’s a no-brainer that when the weather gets warmer, rooftop bars become self-proclaimed sanctuaries. Obviously has rounded up the 10 best (and most Instagram-worthy) rooftop hot spots that New York City has to offer.
By: Alexis DeCarvalho
1. Refinery Rooftop at Refinery Hotel
Vibe: Industrial Chic
Views: The Empire State Building
Obvious Cocktail Choice: Rooftop Sparkler (Patrón Barrel Select Reposado, Lime, Agave, topped with Prosecco)
Address: (Refinery Hotel) 63 West 38th Street
2. Pod 39 Rooftop Bar
Vibe: Chill Oasis
Views: The river to the East, the Freedom Tower to the South, the Empire State Building to the West and the Chrysler Building to the North
Obvious Cocktail Choice: Chilean Sangria (Control Pisco, Rosè, Combier Peach, Pineapple, Strawberry & Bubbles)
Address: 145 East 39th Street
3. Cantina Rooftop
Vibe: Modern Mexican
Views: The Hudson River
Obvious Cocktail Choice: Pero Woah! (Bacardi Superior Rum, Passion Fruit, Coconut & Pineapple)
Address: 605 West 48th Street
4. Le Bain at The Standard
Vibe: Quirky Disco
Views: The Highline & Hudson River
Obvious Cocktail Choice: Frozen Grapefruit Gimlet (Crushed Ice, Grape Fruit Juice & Vodka)
Address: (The Standard Hotel) 444 West 13th Street
5. Northern Territory
Vibe: Comfy Aussie Tavern
Views: The East River
Obvious Cocktail Choice: Territory's Tea (Vodka, Iced Tea & Kiwi)
Address: 12 Franklin Street
6. Penthouse 808 Rooftop Bar
Vibe: Upscale Unique
Views: NYC Skyline
Obvious Cocktail Choice: Ring of Fire (Jalapeño Tequila, Pomegranate & Pineapple)
Address: 8-08 Queens Plaza South
7. Level R at The Empire
Vibe: Swanky Iconic
Views: Lincoln Center & Upper West Side
Obvious Cocktail Choice: Dreaming Ginger (Patrón Silver Tequila, Ginger Liqueur, Fresh Lemon Juice, Agave Syrup & Ginger Beer)
Address: (The Empire Hotel) 44 West 63rd Street
8. Gallow Green at The McKittrick
Vibe: Ethereal Secret Garden
Views: Manhattan's West Side
Obvious Cocktail Choice: Mrs. Danver's Ruin (Gin, Cranberry + Thyme Shrub, Lemon Juice & Tonic)
Address: (The McKittrick Hotel) 542 West 27th Street
9. The Gorbals
Vibe: Happy Hipster
Views: The East River and Williamsburg Bridge
Obvious Cocktail Choice: A Wishing Well (Applejack, Yellow Chartreuse, Lemon, Honey Syrup & Prosecco)
Address: 98 North 6th Street
10. Loopy Doopy Rooftop Bar at The Conrad
Vibe: Trendy Crowd-Pleaser
Views: The Hudson River and the Statue of Liberty
Obvious Cocktail Choice: Raspberry People’s Pop in Rosècco
Address: (The Conrad) 102 North End Avenue
This week, we're seeing a ton of inspiring content from our influencers! We're currently working with Tarte (France!), Pantene, and Saks Off Fifth! Here are some of our favorite posts.
SAKS OFF FIFTH: Simply put, we love high-low fashion. We truly believe that is the embodiment of personal style and we were so excited to have our stylish influencers show us how they paired their luxe Saks Off Fifth finds into their everyday wardrobe. Images via: @claudiagraziano, @mylittlesecrets_ca, @mariann_yip)
We caught up with one of our top influencers, Mariann, and we're so excited she's this week's #GetToKnow influencer! We're always appreciative of her professionalism, her incredible hair, and her overall vibe. Check out the exclusive interview below!
1) Name: Mariann Yip
2) Hometown: LES, Manhattan
3) Favorite Social Media Platform: Instagram
4) Favorite Photo Editing App: Photoshop and Snapseed
5) Favorite Spot in NYC to Take Photos: Definitely Soho! This is where most of my photos are taken because I love cobble stone streets and there are many alley ways and street corners that make for great backdrops.
6) Biggest Lesson You've Learned About Working with Brands: I've learned to only work with brands that align with my own values and image. As more opportunities have presented themselves, I am now more picky about who I work with. I also tend to work with brands that value me as a partner and genuinely support who I am and what I do.
7) Favorite Project You've Worked on With Obvious.ly! My favorite project has to be the Furla collaboration because I am obsessed with their bags and I constantly wear it. It was also one of the first projects I've worked on with Obvious.ly and I was surprised that I had the opportunity to work with an amazing handbag brand like Furla. I am always featuring it in my photos because it has become one of my staple accessories!
8) Favorite Instagram Accounts to Follow and Why: I actually recently wrote a blog post about it here. I love @negin_mirsalehi because I look up to her for fashion style. I think she is absolutely gorgeous inside and out and I love following her journey and daily life as a blogger. I'm also a huge fan of @kenzas because I find her to be the most relatable blogger since we're close in age and share similar fashion interests and styles. I also love @taramilktea because her feed is flawless. I think she's a pure genius when it comes to editing her pictures and I find inspiration through her travel and creative feed.
9) Favorite Restaurant in NYC and Why: This is definitely a hard one because I am a huge foodie and have tons of places that I love. But if I had to choose I would say Clinton Street Bakery! My favorite meal of the day is breakfast and my favorite breakfast food is pancakes. Clinton Street Bakery serves the best pancakes in the world and I can guarantee if you go there, you'll understand why I am raving about this place!
10) Favorite Store in NYC and Why: I can never leave Zara without a purchase! Zara is my favorite store in NYC, specifically the Soho location, because they offer a wide range of clothing. It is always in trend and affordable so what more can a girl ask for?
Earlier this month, we held a gratitude party for our top influencers in NYC's finest wine bar, Compagnie. The influencers finally got to meet some of our team members, face-to-face, and it was such a fun way for all of them to meet IRL and celebrate all of their hard work. Check out some of these pix! Also, make sure to stay tuned to all of our announcements because we plan on throwing a lot more parties for our influencers (and not just in New York)!
If you're in NYC reading this, we really hope you're cozying up somewhere warm! We've had such an incredible array of events and projects for our influencers that we had to share some of our main highlights today. Enjoy!
GUERLAIN: FLORAL PERFUME "MON GUERLAIN": We asked our beauty influencers to post this gorgeous perfume from Guerlain- perfect scent for Spring! We're in awe of these stunning photos. (Photos: @labelednyc, @eastcoastfox , @snjenzi)
K.SWISS TONGUE TWISTER SNEAKERS: We can't help it, we HAVE to do this jingle! "I WEAR MY K.SWISS!" Our fashion influencers were thrilled to work on this campaign showing off the classic sneaker in their everyday #ootd. See some of our fave posts! (Images: @stylebylisael, @white.tulips, @mariekekezen)
INTERNATIONAL WOMEN'S DAY: For this huge day, we sent influencers to Movie Night at the Wiltern in LA to celebrate Women's Day with a screening of Thelma and Louise! We wish we were there, but these posts made us feel like we were a part of it. (Images: @yanina_oyarzo, @theandreahunt, @lindsayxxmarie)
Ana Linares is a Miami and New York based photographer and content creator and we've been a fan of her work since she started her colorful and artful feed. Now that she's joined Obviously, we are thrilled to see her come up with clever content ideas for some of our campaigns. Her feed is filled with bright and exciting images and that's why we can't wait for you to get to know her in our latest series! Follow her on Instagram: @ananewyork
1) Name: Ana Linares
2) Hometown: New York City
3) Favorite Social Media Platform: Instagram
4) Favorite Photo Editing App: A Color Story
5) Favorite Spot in NYC to Take Photos: Central Park.
6) Biggest Lesson You've Learned About Working with Brands: Don't be afraid to ask how much your photography is worth.
7) Favorite Project You've Worked on with Obviously! Google Pixel. Social media is such a huge outlet for sharing your photography to a creative audience. It is by far the most rewarding platform where you can create the most amazing connection with brands and other creatives. I love working with Obviously because they totally understand my work aesthetic when creating content and always make sure to introduce me to amazing brands who I always enjoy creating content for.
8) Favorite Instagram Accounts to Follow and Why: @brightbazaar, a great account for happy and beautiful travel and colorful lifestyle shots, @amy_stone, her eye for color is impeccable. @lucylaucht, fave travel photographer, and @tinyatlasquarterly, they always feature great travel photographers and locations I dream of going to!
9) Favorite Restaurant in NYC and Why: So many! Sauvage and Loosie's kitchen are my new fave restaurants.
10) Favorite Store in NYC and Why: A Piece Apart in Soho. They have the most beautiful clothes.